Terms of Sale
- By registering as a buyer or consignor, or bidding on a horse at the Bots Sots Remount, all parties agree to the following terms of sale.
- Bots Sots Remount & its associates act as agents only and are not responsible for buyer/seller error or misunderstanding. All guarantees are strictly between the buyer and seller, exceptas provided in our soundness guarantee, all horses are sold "as is" without any express or implied warranties. Consignors are required to provide a certificate of soundness with regard to sight, wind and limb, from a certified veterinarian, dated within 30 days of the sale. Horses are sold as sound. Any questions of soundness arising within two weeks of the sale will be decided by Ike Sankey.
- Consignor has the privilege to no sale or pass out his horse.
- No Sales/Pass Outs must be declared as soon as the gavel drops, while the horse is still in the ring. Catalog fee is non-refundable
- The following are accepted forms of payment:
Cash, Cashier's Check, or Personal Checks with Picture IDCredit cards, those processed Onsite will incur a 3.5% additional feeCredit cards, those processed Online will incur a 4.5% additional feeE-Check - $5.00 feeWire Transfers
- Data provided in this catalog is generally correct, but occasionally errors occur due to incorrect data received from others, processing mistakes and other causes. Bots Sots Remount disclaims liability for such errors, but appreciate their being called to our attention. Announcements from the block take precedence over printed material.
- Title passes to buyer at fall of the hammer. All risk of injury to the horse becomes buyer's risk at passing of title. Buyer agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold owners, managers, and employees harmless from all losses, expenses, and claims related to the possession, care, custody, control or maintenance after the fall of the hammer of any horse on which he or she is the successful bidder, whether resulting in whole or in part from their own negligence, including but not limited to any claims arising out of injuries or damage caused by the horse after the fall of the hammer.
- The horse will be held for buyer until buyer makes settlement as provided. Buyer shall immediately present himself to make settlement if requested by auctioneer, but in any case shall present himself within thirty (30) minutes of conclusion of the sale. Buyer is responsible to check registration and additional paperwork at time of settlement.
- Bots Sots Remount makes no representation or warranty concerning (i) any of the horses to be auctioned at the sale, (ii) the accuracy or completeness of the listings or descriptions of the livestock, (iii) the ability of any seller to convey ownership of the livestock to Buyer, or (iv) a seller’s ability to deliver good and marketable title to any horse purchased at the auction by Buyer. Bots Sots Remount does not take title to, nor does Bots Sots Remount have any responsibility for the transfer of ownership to, any livestock sold at auction and neither guarantees payment nor delivery with the respect to any transaction undertaken at the sale. Buyer hereby releases Bots Sots Remount from any claims, demands or damages arising out of or in any way connected with Buyer’s bid or purchase of livestock at the sale. Buyers agree to look solely to seller for the physical delivery of the livestock purchased by Buyer.
• Catalog fee is $250/head and is non-refundable, payable by cash or check to "Bots Sots Remount".
• Any defects or bad habits must be called when horse is sold. (Example: Cryptoids, Cribbers, Lameness or Unsoundness, Parrot Mouth, etc.)
• The commission will be eight percent (8%) of the selling price. The consignor will have the privilege to no sale (Pass Out) their horse and $600 commission will be charged.
• Only horses consigned to the sale will be allowed on the sale grounds. All horses sold before, during and after the sale will be subject to the 8% sales commission in addition to the catalog fee. All consignments must go through the sale ring.
• Individual negative Coggins Test, current within 6 months is required for each horse.
• Consignor agrees not to withdraw entry except for serious injury or sickness, and will furnish Bots Sots Remount with a notarized veterinary statement prior to the sale.
• Upon execution of this contract, Consignor agrees not to dispose of the horse by private sale.
• Any horse selling as "registered" will have sale proceeds withheld from the consignor until original registration papers and transfer are received in the Bots Sots Remount office.
• Consignor is responsible for providing quality marketing material for each of their horses to Bots Sots Remount. Consignor is further responsible to proof horse listings online and as requested. Bots Sots remount and its affiliates are not responsible for misrepresentations of horses in marketing, including, but not limited to, verbal, digital and print.